In conjunction with Lancashire County Council, we're thrilled to offer bike hire for just £30...for 4 weeks! You can choose from any of the bikes available in our showroom, which include: Road bikes Hybrid bikes Folding bikes Mountain bikes Electric bikes are available to hire for £30 for 2 weeks from our sister company, I Cycle Electric - based at Huntley's Country Stores at Samlesbury.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All hirers will be asked to sign a copy of this hire agreement and provide a form of identification before hand over. We will keep a copy of identifying material produced and this will be returned to the hirer when the bike is returned.
2. Whoever signs the hire agreement is responsible for the bike and accessories relating to that agreement, all of which must be returned in the same condition at the end of the hire period as received at the start, normal wear and tear excepted.
3. No responsibility will be accepted by Cycles Recycled or Lancashire County Council for loss, damage, or injury to the hirer, fellow riders, or a third party and/or their third party property, occurring during the hire period.
4. Cycling is not risk free but with careful use of the equipment, injury to riders and third parties can be avoided. Hire is provided for personal transport use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, including but not limited to racing, mountain biking, stunt or trick riding, or carrying other passengers. Cyclists should take every care when using bikes. Under no circumstances should electric bikes be used by anyone under 14 years of age.
5. By agreeing to this hire you are warranting that you have both the physical fitness and the reasonable competence to ride a bicycle.
6. All hirers accept it is their choice to wear a cycle helmet or not whilst riding a bike. Cycles Recycled cannot be held responsible for any injury to riders through not wearing a cycle helmet. We recommend that you make use of a good quality cycle helmet.
7. You accept that unless specifically agreed you have been provided with a suitable cycle lock, lights, puncture repair facility and the option to purchase a helmet at reduced price of £12.
8. Whilst using the public highway, all riders must observe the Highway Code. If cycling off road, please keep to public rights-of-way where cycling is permitted and exercise due care to all other users. You agree to use any bike hired in compliance with all relevant laws and take proper care and precautions in using the bike to avoid damage to the bicycle and damage or injury to any other person or property.
9. You accept that no bike is left unattended unless it is first secured to a fixed object using a good quality bike padlock through the frame and where possible also the front wheel. Any crime where a hired bike is involved must be reported to Cycles Recycled as soon as possible and to the Police. Cycles Recycled will require a crime reference number.
10. All hirers agree to pay a hire fee to Cycles Recycled of £30 for the cost of the hire. The hire period will be two weeks (14 days) for electric bikes and four weeks (28 days) for conventional bikes. Lancashire County Council will cover the remaining cost of the hire period.
11. For conventional bikes at the end of the hire period Cycles Recycled will off to make the bike available for purchase with the cost of the hire deducted. The cost of extending the hire period will be at the full cost of £25 per week for a maximum period of time determined by Cycles Recycled.
12. For electric bikes at the end of the hire period the bike will be available for purchase with the cost of the hire deducted. The cost of extending the hire period will be £25 per day.
13. The Cycle Hire Scheme is funded through Lancashire County Council and Department for Transport Access Fund and can be withdrawn at any time.
14. All hire agreements are at the discretion of Cycles Recycled and can be terminated at any time with suitable notice.
15. All rights reserved. No part of any Cycles Recycled publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of Cycles Recycled, publisher & copyright owners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS